Music Leader Application
Worship is all about the Triune God. Being saved by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone drives us to ascribe all worth and glory to God the Father in Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit. We believe that God tells us how to worship in the Bible; man-made worship is idolatry. Biblically, public worship includes the preaching of the Bible (2 Tim. 4:1-4), prayer (Phil. 4:6), singing (Col. 3:16; Eph. 5:18-19), baptism (Matt. 28), and celebration of the Lord’s Supper (1 Cor. 11). We believe that the primary instrument of musical worship is the congregation's corporate voice (Eph. 5:19). Therefore, we use acoustic instrumentation to point away from itself to the voice of God's people as they sing traditional and modern hymns. We strive for worship that is relevant yet historically root while being God-centered and gospel-focused.
Hope Church’s Music Leader will support and help develop the musical and liturgical aspects of public worship. The Music Leader, under the direction of the pastor, is responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing music for weekly services.
We are looking for previous experience in planning worship services and directing worship teams. Also, we value previous exposure to diverse musical forms and styles from classical to folk. The Music Leader should be an excellent instrumentalist (knowledge of piano is preferred though competency in guitar is also desirable) and a competent singer.
- A member in good standing of a gospel preaching church.
- Dedicated to Hope Church’s vision, mission, and values.
- Strong relational skills and able to work well with people.
- Dependable, responsible, self-motivated and creative.
- Passionate about seeing the gospel expressed through music in worship.
- Competent singer and instrumentalist with the ability to lead a congregation in singing praise to God.
Position Responsibilities (approximately 5 hours a week)
Sunday (2.5 hours)
- Conduct a pre-service rehearsal
- Lead music in the worship service
Weekly (2-3 hours)
- Work with the Pastor to select music for worship
- Communicate with music team about Sunday worship details
- Recruit and assimilate new, capable musicians into the music team
- Plan and conduct rehearsals as needed
- Attend launch team meetings
Reports to Pastor Will Stern.
Responsibilities may be subject to some change as deemed necessary by the pastor.
Compensation is commensurate with leadership experience and availability ($4,000 to $6,000 a year).
Leadership development opportunities based upon candidate’s interest.