Music Leader Application
Worship is all about the Triune God. Being saved by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone drives us to ascribe all worth and glory to God the Father in Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit. We believe that God tells us how to worship in the Bible; man-made worship is idolatry. Biblically, public worship includes the preaching of the Bible (2 Tim. 4:1-4), prayer (Phil. 4:6), singing (Col. 3:16; Eph. 5:18-19), baptism (Matt. 28), and celebration of the Lord’s Supper (1 Cor. 11). We believe that the primary instrument of musical worship is the congregation's corporate voice (Eph. 5:19). Therefore, we hope to use acoustic instrumentation that will point away from itself to the voice of God's people as they sing traditional hymns/Psalms, songs of the hymn re-write movement (RUF, Indelible Grace, Red Mountain, etc.), and the richest treasures of contemporary worship music. Our worship services will be liturgical in structure and will draw on biblical practices from the Ancient and Reformation Church.
Hope Church’s Music Leader will support and help develop the musical and liturgical aspects of public worship. The Music Leader, under the direction of the pastor, is responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing the music for our preview services, the launch of public worship, and weekly worship.
We are looking for previous experience in planning worship services and directing worship teams. Also, we value previous exposure to diverse musical forms and styles from classical to folk. The Music Leader should be competent in music theory and harmony as well as biblical theology. He must be a skilled singer and instrumentalist (knowledge of piano is preferred though competency in guitar is also desirable).
- Trusts in Christ alone for salvation and seek to live as a faithful follower of Jesus.
- Prays for unsaved family, friends and neighbors, seeking to engage them in conversations about Jesus.
- Seeks to grow as a Christian through prayer, the study of Scripture, and public worship.
- Believes the 66 books of the Bible are the written Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts.
- Believes the basic tenants of the Reformed Faith as summarized in the Westminster Standards.
- Cultivates a pattern of generosity and sacrificial giving.
- (If married) Seeks to love and serve spouse above all but God.
- Seeks to resolve conflict biblically by following the “Matthew 18” process.
- A member in good standing of a gospel preaching church.
- Dedicated to Hope Church’s vision, mission, and values.
- Strong relational skills and able to work well with people.
- Dependable, responsible, self-motivated and creative.
- Passionate about seeing the gospel expressed through music in worship.
- Competent singer and instrumentalist with the ability to lead a congregation in singing praise to God.
Sunday (2.5 hours)
- Conduct a pre-service rehearsal
- Lead music in the worship service
Weekly (2-3 hours)
- Work with the Pastor to select music for worship
- Communicate with admin and music team about Sunday worship details
- Recruit and assimilate new, capable musicians into the music team
- Plan and conduct rehearsals as needed
- Attend launch team meetings
Reports to Pastor Will Stern.
Responsibilities may be subject to some change as deemed necessary by the pastor.
Compensation is commensurate with leadership experience and availability.
Leadership development opportunities based upon candidate’s interest.